Mt. Everest
March 26 - June 3, 2010

Monday, February 15, 2010

39 days left
RHR 43
Fluid intake 3L
Sleep 8 hours

WOD
With just over 5 weeks to go I am now entering the next phase of my training. I need to put in as many long days as I can, while still doing some speed work and power/strength workouts.
I got up early and went for a 45 minute run. Then I headed out to Emily Murphy hill and walked up and down with a 70lb pack for 3 1/2 hours which was 10 laps. I was finding the last 3 getting tough, everything was starting to ache. I took a bit of a lunch break......some fruit and a can of ensure then headed off to the tower to do stairs. I did 7 sets up to the 33rd floor with 45lb pack, which took just over 3 hours. The elevation gain in the stairwell was 2800 feet. Then I ran down the last time.
Total workout time today was 7 1/2 hours, and I'm feeling good. Tired and achy but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment