Mt. Everest
March 26 - June 3, 2010

Thursday, February 11, 2010

43 days left
RHR 43
Fluid intake 3.5L
Sleep 7 hours

WOD
The goal today was to do as many laps in the stairwell as I could during an 8 1/2 hour period. I took the bus with Ted, and started in the stairwell at 8am with a 50lb pack. The pack dropped to 45lbs as I drank water during the day.
Laps 1-5 were to the 28th floor.
Then I met the person doing the construction on the 33rd floor, and he told me that the crossover floor was open for use.
Laps 6-18 were all the way to the 33rd floor.
I walked down after the last flight.
I calculated that it was 7000' of elevation gain during this time. After the 11th lap, I met up with Ted for lunch, and lingered for a whole hour. I wasn't prepared to go back, but Ted suggested that I at least go up to the 10th floor. Once I had started I continued on. I was tired, my legs and back were aching, and my feet hurt but no real pain, and the knees are feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment