Mt. Everest
March 26 - June 3, 2010

Friday, January 1, 2010

84 days

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!



We got up early, but were unsure of where to go climbing due to the recent snowfall. It was still snowing a bit in the morning, and rather than take any chances, we decided to head out to Johnson's Canyon, stopping for tea and pastries at Lagan's on the way.







We had a great day climbing here. Domhnall went up and set up a top rope so that I could climb up. Shortly after 3 other climbers showed up. Two more top ropes were place, and we all took turns on all the ropes. It was a bit cold in the morning, but warmed up nicely in the afternoon. I hadn't adjusted my crampons very well, and in the photo you can see that the right one was falling off!





On the way out I carried both packs with all the gear so that I could get a bit of a workout, and get some practice walking downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment